3 Reasons to Book Your Pre-Departure Test (PDT) with SmooveX
1. It’s a one-stop service
Aside from providing Pre-Departure Test (PDT) services, the app
provides relevant travel and COVID-19 information on multiple destinations.
2. It makes paying easy
Book a Pre-Departure Test (PDT) appointment and pay for it
electronically anytime, anywhere – all through the app.
3. It’s 100% reliable
Smoove Xperience Pte Ltd is the official booking partner for
Fullerton Health Group, one of the leading healthcare platforms in Asia Pacific.
Pre-Departure Test (PDT) FAQs
Your frequently asked questions about pre-departure testing, answered.
1. What is a Pre-Departure Test (PDT) ?
A pre-departure test or PDT is a type of
COVID-19 test (also commonly known as Polymerase Chain Reaction or PCR) which you
need to take prior to travelling to or from your home country. In some countries, an
antigen rapid test (ART) is an acceptable alternative to the PCR test as a
2. Why do I need to take a PDT?
PDTs are mandatory for most countries
because you are required to have proof of a negative result before you are allowed
3. What are the different types of PDTs that I could choose from?
|COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Test
- Considered as the gold standard for COVID-19 detection.
- Accepted by all countries that require a negative pre-departure
- Travellers are required to take this test 48 or 72 hours before
their departure time, depending on the requirements of the
|COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Test (Express)
- A sped-up version of the regular PCR test.
- Suitable for last-minute travel or for countries that require
travelers to present a negative PCR test result within 24 hours
from departure time.
|COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test(ART)
- Qualitative screening testing to detect SARS-COV-2.
- An acceptable alternative to the PCR test as a pre-departure
test in some countries.
- Please check your destination country’s requirements before
booking this test.
|COVID-19 PCR Test + COVID-19 Serology (IgM)
- For travellers to China who are not vaccinated or vaccinated
with an inactivated vaccine (e.g. Sinovac.)
- Express service is not available.
|COVID-19 PCR Test + COVID-19 Serology (N Protein), Qualitative
- For travellers to China who are vaccinated with non-inactivated
vaccines (e.g. Pfizer, Moderna)
- Express service is not available.
4. I’m travelling to China soon. Which PDTs do I need to take?
Travellers to China will need either
COVID-19 PCR Test and COVID-19 Serology (IgM) tests or COVID-19 PCR Test and
COVID-19 Serology (N Protein) Qualitative tests. For more info on travel into China,
Note: there is no PDT (Express) service for travellers to this country.
5. I’m travelling with my children. Do they need to take a PDT?
Children who are three (3) years old and
above (born in and before 2018) and departing for Singapore from their first point
of embarkation on or after 27 Jun 2021 are subjected to a PDT. Kids below three (3)
6. Where and how do I book my PDT?
Download the SmooveX app and click PDT. For
queries, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “SmooveX PDT”. You can
also call +65 8419 1990.
7. Why is it advisable to book my PDT via the SmooveX app?
- It’s a one-stop service. Aside from providing PDT services, the app
provides comprehensive COVID-19 information on multiple destinations.
- It’s convenient. Book a PDT appointment and pay for it electronically
anytime, anywhere – all through the app.
- It’s reliable. Smoove Xperience Pte Ltd is a deep-tech, travel
industry-focused company that has partnered with Fullerton Health. It’s worth
noting that FHG is a leading integrated healthcare platform that provides
affordable and accessible care for all in Asia Pacific.
8. When should I take a PDT?
Your PDT and results must be done within 48
to 72 hours before your flight, depending on your destination’s requirements.
9. My travel plans have changed. Can I cancel my appointment?
Unfortunately, no cancellations or refunds
can be made.
10. I booked my PDT on the SmooveX app. How do I reschedule my
Call the Fullerton Health Group call center
at +65 6333 3636 (Option 2) to check for the next available appointment clinic slot.
11. What documents do I need to bring on the day of my PDT?
- NRIC (for Singaporeans or PRs), FIN (foreign workers), or passport.
- Hard or soft copy of your medical chit booking confirmation from SmooveX.
- Hard or soft copy of your government-validated overseas vaccination document.
12. When will I receive my PDT result?
Fullerton Health Group will email your PDT
results within 24 hours, while those who availed the Express service will
receive it within six (6) hours. ART results will be available within 30
13. Where do I obtain an official PDT certificate?
All outbound travellers taking their PCR
PDTs in Singapore will receive a digital results certificate, and are usually
digitally authenticate and endorse the digital test certificate via https://www.notarise.gov.sg before travel.
The digital test certificate that you receive when booking your PDT via
SmooveX App is automatically notarised, and you won’t have to go to the trouble of
getting it authenticated.
A notarised PDT ensures that the result and certificate is issued and
authenticated by the Ministry of Health (i.e. it is issued by an approved clinic/lab
and has not been tampered with).
It’s Easy, Simple, and Reliable.
Book your COVID-19 Tests with the SmooveX app today.