9 Things You Need to Know About Taking a Serology (S-Protein) Test in Singapore
1. What is a serology (S-Protein) test and how is it administered?
A serology (S-Protein) test involves taking a blood sample with a finger stick or via puncture. The procedure’s results indicate whether a person has had a past COVID-19 infection or has recovered from it.
2. For whom is the serology test and why is it important to take it?
Individuals who received COVID-19 vaccinations overseas with Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty, Moderna, or any of the other vaccines under the WHO Emergency Use Listing can verify their records for use in Singapore.
By taking a serology (S-Protein) test and registering your health status in Singapore, you assist medical experts to create better strategies to protect the community. And by safeguarding the society with proper virus containment execution, it allows for more freedom of mobility.
Part of Singapore’s initiative to revive the economy is to allow high-traffic establishments to safely operate. In the dining front, individuals from overseas who have taken their serology (S-Protein) test in Singapore will be allowed to eat at cafes and restaurants in Singapore – provided they still practice safe distancing protocol, of course.
3. What happens when I test positive in the serology (S-Protein) test?
Once the serology (S-Protein) test results show that there are antibodies present, your record will be reflected at the HealthHub (for Singaporeans, PR, and long term visit pass holders) and TraceTogether apps.
Important note: Fullerton Health Group will only submit positive serology (S-Protein) test results to the National Immunisation Registry. Your positive test result information will only be available in your TraceTogether app after two days.
4. Where and how do I book my serology (S-Protein) test?
Download the SmooveX app and book from the app. For queries, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “SmooveX Serology”. You can also call +65 8419 1990.
5. How much does a single serology (S-Protein) test cost?
S$53 nett. You can pay electronically within the app.
6. I booked my serology (S-Protein) test on the SmooveX app. How do I reschedule my appointment?
Call the Fullerton Health Group call centre at +65 6333 3636 (Option 2) to check for the next available appointment clinic slot.
7. My travel plans have changed. Can I cancel my appointment?
Unfortunately, no cancellations or refunds can be made.
8. What documents do I need to bring on the day of my serology (S-Protein) test?
- NRIC (for Singaporeans or PRs), FIN (foreign workers), or passport.
- Hard or soft copy of your medical chit booking confirmation from SmooveX.
- Hard or soft copy of your government-validated overseas vaccination document.
9. Why is it advisable and easier to book the test via the locally-owned lifestyle and travel app, SmooveX?
- It’s a one-stop service. Aside from providing serology (S-Protein) test services, the app provides comprehensive COVID-19 information on multiple destinations.
- It’s convenient. Book a serology (S-Protein) test appointment and pay for it electronically anytime, anywhere – all through the app.
- It’s reliable. Smoove Xperience Pte Ltd is a deep-tech, travel industry-focused company that has partnered with Fullerton Health. It’s worth noting that FHG is a leading integrated healthcare platform that provides affordable and accessible care for all in Asia Pacific.